Scope of project:
This property is a 136-room hotel located in Broome, in the north-west of Western Australia. The client required installation of an automated meter reading network with remote access capability to allow the engineering consultant to remotely monitor and benchmark energy performance across the site.
As the electrical contractor assigned to work on this project, we liaised closely with the consultant to design and specify an appropriate solution.
The challenges arising from this assignment included:
– Working to very tight shutdown windows so the hotel could remain operational while the project was completed.
– Due to the remote location of the site, it was not possible to carry out an inspection prior to installation, so careful planning was absolutely essential.
– All equipment and materials had to be shipped to the site in advance.
– Metering panels had to be fabricated in-house by Infrared Services.
– As there was no fixed-line internet connectivity available at the location, it was necessary to provide a reliable wireless solution.
These challenges combined to make this a complex project that involved meticulous time management, planning and execution. Infrared Services drew on previous experience, and a team of skilled professionals, to complete the installation, which had a project value of approximately $22k.